Parenting.com offers up some fun ideas for pranks on April Fool’s Day!
- Prank both kids and dad by placing small pieces of clear tape over the sensors on the television and gaming console remotes.
- Carefully open the bottom of the bag of your child’s favorite snack. Replace the contents with an equally favorite treat, then tape the bag closed. Wait until they open the bag and get confused.
- Serve up a topsy-turvy dinner to throw your family for a loop: bake meatloaf in a 12-cup muffin tin and frost with mashed potatoes for a “cupcakes” dinner –bonus if you add food coloring to the spuds. Then toast strips of pound cake for a dessert of “French Fries”. Don’t forget red-tinted frosting for the ketchup!
- Set all the clocks in the house an hour or two early—then ease the blow of an early wake-up by taking the family out for breakfast!
- Put a few drops of food coloring in a pitcher of milk (choose your kid’s favorite shade). Watch their faces when they add milk to their cereal.